Thursday, February 18, 2016

Seashells by the Seashore

I have such a weakness for buttons, mother of pearl ones especially. In Trinidad, California I discovered a bead shop that was pure heaven - shell beads and buttons, abalone, trade beads, bone beads, and leather. Shelves and shelves of the exact kind of stuff I love. I bought bags of beautiful mother of pearl buttons in both ivory and pink colors. Now, what to do with them? 


I love the soft and feminine feel of this silver, gray labradorite, and soft pink MOP color pallete. These earrings were so difficult to photograph to capture the flash of the labradorite and the glisten of the button. They look so much more delicate and soft in person. 



And now, pink MOP buttons paired with lavender glass drops and pewter tubes. 




No comments:

Post a Comment