Saturday, April 11, 2015

Angelina

Angelina Boutique and Jewelry
Nehalem, OR

Wheeler's loss is Nehalem's gain. I have watched favorite stores in Nehalem close, leaving only empty spaces and memories of great shopping. Wheeler, on the other hand, blossomed with lovely shops. Cultivation was one of the gems of Wheeler. Lina's small little space was packed with lovely clothes, jewelry, bags, shoes, accessories, and artwork. The best part, though, was Lina. Her style sense, her artistic eye, her beautiful jewelry, and her support of local artists, like me. I have been fortunate to have had my jewelry pieces in her Cultivation shop during this past year, and she has been a dream to work with. 

This past February, however, Cultivation closed. Seeing the sign and wire sculptures gone and the paper-covered windows was disconcerting. Then through a bit of sleuthing, I discovered that Lina had opened a new shop in Nehalem, Angelina. 



After waiting patiently for opening day, March 12 finally arrived and what a gorgeous spring day is was! The familiar and cheerful colored ball-and-wire sculptures greeted me in the front yard and made me smile. 


Is this not charming?


The roomy front porch and open door welcomed me into shopping bliss.


Seriously, this is a woman's dream shop, but even my husband was enchanted. Warm colors, vintage and art lighting, twinkling displays, racks of gorgeous clothes, cases of artful jewelry . . . well, I will just let the pictures speak for themselves.


This bright, open space culminates in a dressing room area that makes every woman feel like a queen. A well-lit full mirror, comfy seating, spacious dressing room, and lots of carpeted real estate to walk the runway in beautiful clothes. Just perfect. 


And to think that 95 pieces of my jewelry have a home in this enchanting shop is such an affirmation for me as a jewelry artist. 


Angelina is a store that makes you feel so welcome and comfortable that you won't want to leave. But eventually you will have to exit that door with your new purchases, feeling like a celebrity. As you walk across the front porch, those cheerful, colored sculptures will make you smile and remind you to return. 


In a future post I will share photos of Lina's display of my jewelry. Stay tuned.





2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this. I loved this shop. Am putting together a list of things to do in the area and will link to your post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julia. Thank you! Sorry it took so long for me to reply!!

      Delete